CIE/SF High School Student Scholastic and Special Achievement Award -2016
Group photo of 20015 Scholarship Awardees
The Chinese Institute of Engineers (CIE/USA) San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is now accepting applications for the Scholastic and Special Achievement Award. The names of the winners will be announced and awards will be presented at the CIE/SF Annual Conference on February 27th, 2016.
Following a long-standing tradition of pursuing excellence, CIE/SF has established this award program to encourage and recognize the outstanding scholastic and special achievements of the children of its members. Selection criteria will be based on a balanced achievement of applicants' outstanding academic accomplishments, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service. Each award winner will receive a Certificate of Merit and a check of two hundred dollars and shall attend the CIE/SF Annual Conference on February 27th, 2016
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- A CIE/SF member's children
- Currently a Junior or Senior (11th or 12th grade) in high school
- Has never received the award from the CIE/SF Chapter before
All applicants must submit the following documents in softcopies
- A completed application form (Downloaded here).
- A passport type personal photo (to be published in the CIE publications)
- A high school Transcript
- A personal essay (no more than 300 words) which includes information such as:
honor and awards received, offices of student organizations held, extracurricular activities, community service involved, volunteer work experience, etc.
- An information page (use the template on next page)
- (For Non-CIE/SF member only ) Register as CIE/SF member through our web site : http://cie-sf.org/index.php/membership/join-member for annual membership fee $20 or permanent membership $100.
The deadline for the application is February 1st , 2016 For 12th grade student, please send in your application ASAP for possible early decision.
Contact Person: Patrick Lam
mail to CIE/USA-SF, P.O. Box 2880, Cupertino CA 95015
选择标准将根据申请人的学术成就，课外活动和社区服务等综合考量。每个优胜者将得到证书和 $200美元支票。所有申请人必须提交：1. 申请表。2. 相片。3。高中成绩单。4。个人杂文。5。其他荣誉，奖励，社区服务，社会活动等.
截止期限为2016年2月1日. 颁奖委员会在2月10日之前将通知申请人最后决定。 有兴趣者请下载申请表（please make a link here）